Terms & Conditions
Subtitle: Last modified: June 6, 2014
Terms and Conditions of
Sale and Provision of Goods and/or Services
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Global Empowerment Portal Pty Ltd trading as Jobbed and Jobbed!. Your access to and use of all information on the website www.jobbed.com.au including purchase of our products and services is provided subject to the terms and conditions as specified on www.jobbed.com.au. The following terms and conditions are supplementary to the aforementioned terms and conditions:
Sale of goods / Provision of services
- Jobbed! provides the goods and/or services subject to these terms and conditions, unless otherwise agreed in writing (“Conditions”).
- When a person makes an offer or order to purchase goods and/or services (“the Purchaser”) and that offer or order is accepted by Jobbed!, the Purchaser agrees and acknowledges that these Conditions will be binding on both Parties for the purposes of the sale of the goods and/or provision of services.
- These Conditions may only be amended or varied by written agreement signed by both Parties.
- Information provided by Jobbed! in respect of the goods and/or services (including price lists) does not constitute an offer to sell but an invitation to treat only.
- An order or offer to purchase is an offer to purchase goods and/or services at the price set by Jobbed! as at the date of delivery (plus delivery and other applicable charges).
- Jobbed! reserves the right to accept or reject any order (in whole or in part) for any reason.
- Without limiting clause 6, Jobbed! may reject an order or offer if the Purchaser’s application for credit is rejected, the Purchaser fails to pay for other goods and/or services ordered, the goods are unavailable, there is an error in the price or the description of goods and/or services, or an error in the order.
- Jobbed! reserves the right to change the specifications of goods and/or services from time to time without notification to the Purchaser.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. We reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we undertake to fulfil your order at the price listed at the time you ordered.
- The Purchaser must pay the price (and delivery and other applicable charges) for the goods and/or services in accordance with the payment terms specified on the invoice provided by Jobbed!. Jobbed! reserves the right to pass on to the Purchaser all costs associated with particular forms of payment (for example merchant fees charged on credit card payments). Where a payment is due on a weekend or public holiday in Western Australia, payment is required by the preceding working day.
- Where the Purchaser fails to make full payment by the due date, Jobbed! may, in it’s absolute discretion -
- refuse to supply the Purchaser with further goods and/or services; or
- require the Purchaser to pay for further goods and/or services in full prior to delivery.
- Time is of the essence in respect of the Purchaser’s obligation to make payment for goods and/or services.
- Any payments the Purchaser makes to Jobbed! will be applied as follows:
- first, as reimbursement in accordance with clause 31(b) for any collection costs and expenses incurred;
- second, in payment of any interest charged to the Purchaser in accordance with clause 31(a); and
- third, in satisfaction or part satisfaction of the oldest portion of the Purchaser’s account.
- Where Jobbed! owes a debt to the Purchaser, Jobbed! may deduct (set-off) the amount of that debt against any amount paid to Jobbed! by the Purchaser.
- Unless otherwise stated, all amounts payable for the goods and services are expressed exclusive of any goods and services tax (“GST”). Jobbed! reserves the right to recover from the Purchaser all GST payable in respect of the supply of the goods and/or services.
- If the Purchaser claims that the goods were defective, short delivered or otherwise not the goods specified in the order, the Purchaser must notify Jobbed! in writing (including sufficient particulars) within seven (7) days of delivery. If the Purchaser fails to notify Jobbed! within this time, the goods will be treated as having been accepted by the Purchaser and Jobbed! will be discharged from any liability in respect of the goods being wrong or defective or short delivered.
- Jobbed! will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the goods within the times agreed, however the Purchaser acknowledges that all quoted delivery times are estimates only and failure to deliver by those time will not constitute a breach of these Conditions. Jobbed! will not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result or consequence of any delay in delivery. The Purchaser will not be relieved of any obligation to accept or pay for goods by reason of any delay in delivery.
- Delivery occurs when the goods are first left with the Purchaser (or at the Purchaser’s premises or other agreed place). Jobbed! is not required to obtain the Purchaser’s signature as proof of delivery. Upon delivery, all risk in the goods passes to the Purchaser.
Title to goods
- Ownership of the property, goods and/or services remains with Jobbed! and title does not pass to the Purchaser until Jobbed! has received payment in full for the goods and all sums owing on Purchaser’s accounts with Jobbed!.
- From the time the goods are delivered to the Purchaser until the time title passes to the Purchaser in accordance with clause 19, the Purchaser takes custody of the goods and retains them as the bailee of Jobbed!.
- In the absence of manifest error –
- the written records of Jobbed! in relation to a delivery of goods will be conclusive evidence of the type and quantity of goods delivered and the date and time of delivery; and
- certification from a Jobbed! authorised representative will be conclusive evidence of the amount owed for the goods.
Exclusion of warranties and liability
- Jobbed! gives no express warranty in relation to the goods and/or services. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties, whether express or implied by law or otherwise, which may be binding on Jobbed! are excluded.
- Where a condition or warranty cannot be lawfully excluded, the sole liability of Jobbed! for any breach of that condition or warranty is limited, at Jobbed!’s election, to –
- replace or repair the goods (including the possible replacement with equivalent goods);
- payment of the cost of replacing or remaining the goods (including purchasing or acquiring equivalent goods); or
- re-performing any non-conforming services.
- The Purchaser agrees and acknowledges that it has not relied on the skill or judgment of Jobbed! as to whether the goods and/or services are reasonably fit for any purpose.
- Any description of the goods and/or services contained in the order or any other document is given by way of identification only.
- Except to the extent that it cannot be lawfully excluded, Jobbed! will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage (consequential or otherwise) suffered or incurred by that person:
- in relation to the goods and/or services; and
- caused by or resulting directly or indirectly from any failure, defect or deficiency of any kind of or in the goods and/or services.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Purchaser indemnifies Jobbed! and agrees to keep Jobbed! indemnified, against all loss, liability, costs (including legal costs) and expenses arising directly or indirectly as a result of or in connection with the supply of goods and/or services.
- The liability of the Purchaser in clause 27 is reduced proportionately to the extent that Jobbed! has contributed to the loss, liability, cost or expense.
- The Purchaser will be in default if the Purchaser breaches these Conditions.
- Without limiting clause 29, the Purchaser breaches these Conditions if –
- payment in full for the goods and/or services is not made by the due date;
- the Purchaser attempts to assign or transfer the benefit of these Conditions without obtaining the consent of Jobbed!;
- if the Purchaser is an individual and declares or commits an act of bankruptcy, enters into an arrangement or composition with its creditors or signs an authority under Part X of the Bankruptcy Act; or
- if the Purchaser is a corporation and suffers the appointment of controller, administrator, receiver or liquidator, has winding up proceedings initiated against it or ceases or threatens to cease carrying on business.
- If the Purchaser is in default under clause 29, Jobbed! may –
- charge interest on all amounts the Purchaser owes to Jobbed! at the rate of 1% per month calculated daily for each day following the due date for payment until payment is made in full;
- be reimbursed for and recover from the Purchaser, all costs and expenses incurred by Jobbed! in seeking to collect debts, including without limitation, the costs of any collection agents and legal costs (on a solicitor and client basis);
- demand immediate payment for all goods and/or services supplied by Jobbed!, notwithstanding that the payment of those goods and/or services would not otherwise have been then due and payable;
- terminate or suspend delivery of any order for goods and/or services; and/or
- terminate any agreement and cease supplying the Purchaser with goods and/or services.
- Jobbed! is not obliged to notify the Purchaser before exercising a right under clause 31 and these rights will be in addition to any other rights that Jobbed! may have.
- If a Party is prevented from or delayed in complying with an obligation (other than to pay money) under these Conditions by an event beyond its reasonable control, performance by it of that obligation is suspended during the time, but only to the extent that, compliance is prevented or delayed.
- Any Intellectual Property subsisting in the goods or created or arising from the provision of services shall vest in Jobbed!.
- If a provision in these Conditions is unenforceable, illegal or void then it is severed and the remaining terms and conditions continue to operate.
- The Purchaser must not assign or otherwise deal with these Conditions without the consent of Jobbed!, which may be given or withheld at Jobbed!’s absolute discretion.
- These Conditions must be read and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia and the Parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of that State and of the Commonwealth.
- All of the rights and obligations of each Party under these Conditions which by their nature or context must survive termination and/or expiry, will survive the termination and/or expiry of these Conditions.